Friday, January 11, 2008
- Name: Greg Mankiw
- Location: United States
I am a professor and chairman of the economics department at Harvard University, where I teach introductory economics (ec 10). I use this blog to keep in touch with my current and former students. Teachers and students at other schools, as well as others interested in economic issues, are welcome to use this resource.
Naked Self Promotion
- Funny, perhaps, but illogical
- Economists Take on Traffic Safety
- A New Survey of Economists
- Big Business joins the Pigou Club
- The Big Lie of 2008
- Economics Education Aboad
- Corporate insiders are bullish
- Recession probability rising
- The Pigou Club watches the debates
- Congratulations, Raj
Advice for Students
- Advice for Aspiring Economists
- Where do economists come from?
- Choosing a Graduate Program
- Working Before Grad School
- Advice for Grad Students
- Advice for New Junior Faculty
- Which math courses?
- Why Aspiring Economists Need Math
- Love Econ, Bad at Math
- Summer Reading List
- JD vs PhD: My Story
- My Life as a Student
- PhD or not?
- Education Beyond the Classroom
- An engineer seeks career advice
- A Question about Learning Economics
- Good Academic, Bad Human Being
- Are B-school economists different?
- How to Write Well