Advice for Grad Students
But rather than doing the work myself, I will outsource the task to some of my colleagues in the profession:
- Don Davis gives some guidance about finding research topics.
- John Cochrane tells grad students how to write a paper.
- Michael Kremer provides a checklist to make sure your paper is as good as it can be.
- David Romer gives you the rules to follow to finish your PhD.
- David Laibson offers some advice about how the navigate the job market for new PhD economists.
- John Cawley covers the same ground as Laibson but in more detail.
- Kwan Choi office advice about how to publish in top journals.
- Dan Hamermesh offers advice on, well, just about everything.
- Assar Lindbeck tells you how, after getting that first academic post, to win the Nobel prize.