Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Advisers to Mitt

Mitt Romney gets advice from some of my favorite economists.

Update: Several readers have asked for more details about my involvement here.

I first met Governor Romney several years ago, but only briefly at that time. Recently, I have talked with him more substantively about a range of economic policy issues. I was impressed by his intellect, open-mindedness, and overall economic philosophy.

I was honored when he asked me to serve in a more formal advisory capacity. My role will be that of an outside adviser. My teaching at Harvard will continue to be my main responsibility and the focus of my attention, and the posts on this blog will reflect those priorities.

Update 2: The Harvard Crimson reports the news. And here is an article on Mitt Romney.