Friday, June 02, 2006

Big Blunder from Bernanke?

I think I may have identified Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke's most troubling misstep to date. Buried inside today's Wall Street Journal is this piece of news:

Greenspan’s retirement disappoints A-list journalists and politicians in a way unrelated to economic performance. It ends the Fourth of July fireworks party that the erstwhile Federal Reserve chairman and wife Andrea Mitchell threw annually atop Fed building, overlooking Washington Monument.
I have a fond recollection of these events, which I shared with my family during my time in DC. I am shocked and dismayed by the suggestion that Ben is not continuing the tradition. The Fed terrace is too great a venue to see the fireworks to have this scarce resource go to waste.

Impeach Ben Bernanke! Impeach him now!